KINDERgarten teacher. I thrive on being kind… & okay, I like being funny too. 🙂
In a search to find my sanity at work, I realized I need a creative outlet. I know, it sounds weird. “You’re a kindergarten teacher, but you don’t feel like you are creatively expressing yourself?” No. After teaching all of my prescribed curriculum (which I won’t bash, because I really appreciate not having to create my own lessons everyday), in order to have fun with my students, their learning development would be hindered by the lack of “rigor” in art projects and creative writing. Trust me. We do this when we can, but my job depends on their achievements in other academics.
This blog is my kindergarten art project. Not to mention a PSA to be KIND to one another, no matter where you are in life.
My word of the year 2017 is intentional.
“The best way to insure you achieve the greatest satisfaction out of life is to behave intentionally.” -anonymous
One of my favorite quotes I stumbled upon during the start of this year was by Benjamin Franklin,
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.”
So I am here to do both. My intentions for writing a blog are that:
- I hope with my writing, at the very least, I can provide entertainment to my readers. I mean, spending my days with 29 personalities is a TRIP (and that’s not including the variety of 29 students that are in my class…)
- I believe that I can help someone feel, at bare minimum, relief in daily stressors by reading my thoughts.
- By relating to what I have to say, the greatest of all feats is to be an inspiration to those questioning their place and purpose in life.
- I can create mindfulness in myself on a daily basis, and more importantly instill mindfulness in those around me, physically and virtually, to attend to daily tasks in the best way possible with the least amount of difficulty.
- I have fun and create something for others, while having a public outlet of my desire to feel fulfilled.